Friday, August 30, 2013

More catching up on past creations...

Early mixed media (10+ years ago). I hand painted fabric red, white & blue, cut it out in a heart shape & sewed it on the painted canvas. Then I embroidered some more.
 If you look closely, you'll see computer memory boards embedded beneath the splatter paint.
This is "The Reader". I invited people of all ages to write done the titles of their favorite books on it. The Reader is reading my all-time favorite book from my childhood, a collection of Hans Christian Anderson stories. The book's illustrations entertained me for hours, I'd stare at them imagining new stories for the characters. Ones that had happier endings!

One of my favorite phony flowers. Loved how the colors turned out. Phone books are no longer printing with so many colors. >sad<
My space station sculpture. It's made from cardboard and old bits & pieces from my father-in-laws Mr. Fix-it collection.
 Painter Elves! Hurrah!!! They are here to save that painting you've been agonizing over.
 This little pooch found a new home. He is very happy.
Window painted in folksy style. I like it when the sun shines through it.

No comments: