Sunday, January 25, 2009

Odds & Ends

"I Shut My Eyes" This piece hangs over my livingroom fireplace. The picture is on an old piece of wood, contains copper wallpaper, some magazine images for a 1930's Vogue and a poem that I wrote myself about connecting with my imagination and creativity.
An old evening bag that I added vintage buttons to as well as a braided strap of ribbons. The board it hangs from is an old table insert that has hooks I've collected over the years and an old glass door knob.
"Seasons" I painted this folkart on the back of a solid wood drawer front.

"Rebirth" An old wood carton, found pieces of glass, old glass bottle, old railroad nails, wire, little bitty old light bulbs. The poem reads
Shattered memories
Broken Dreams
Strewn over
The land
Soiled
Tarnished
Waiting
For
Rebirth

No comments: